ACADEMIC TOP 10
Congratulations to the following learners who all rank in the top 10 of their grades for the third term:
Asande Masala, Stefan Thom, Shoaib Malek, Macgreiger Stein, Stanley Motaung, Nozibusiso Ntombela, Bradley Msomi, Zanri Van Dyk, Ayabonga Cindi and Nozibusiso Mbatha.
Sisanda Thango, Nadia Raffenberg, Rebekka Böhmer, Ayaz Bhula, Monique Arends, Sheri-Lee Harms, Tasheel Sevpersad, Muhammed Hameed, Siyathokoza Lukele and Waseem Amod.
Karl Thom, Keshmiel Govender, Philasande Mdletshe, Sithembiso Ndwandwe, Edrich Nortjé, Muziwethu Sithole, Reece Nair, Kiana Sadaw and Nicolene Janse Van Rensburg. Grade 11: Mthobisi Zondo, Dylan Maré, Mercia Papazaharias, Sibongiseni Ximba, Ziphozonke Zulu, Chanté Groenewald, Sinothile Shabangu, Krushil Sewmangal, Thealize Jacobs and Deanne Collins.
Jessica Shanahan, Zhen Lee Wang, Siphumelele Gumede, Hafsa Khan, Sandiswa Mthombeni, Zethembiso Zindela, Fezeka Langa, Victor Ndawonde, Jeané Viljoen and Lize –Maé Diedericks.
Our annual prize giving was held on Thursday, 20 October. Congratulations to all the prize
|Winners|| || |
| ||DUX||Zhen Lee Wang|
| ||Dux Runner-up||Siphumelele Gumede|
| ||Headmaster’s Davy Lamps||Victor Ndawonde and Sandiswa Mthombeni|
| ||Sportsmanship||Phelelani Buthelezi|
| ||Service to the school ||Trishen Pillay and Victor Ndawonde|
| ||Versatility||Siphumelele Gumede|
| ||Comradeship||Victor Ndawonde and Hafsa Khan|
| ||Sportsman of the year||Dean Lambert|
| ||Sportswoman of the year||Jessica Shanahan|
|Prefects 2017|| || |
| ||Head Boy||Dylan Maré|
| ||Deputy Head Boy||Kwenzo Zondo|
| ||Prefects||Justin Dekker, Bandile Malinga, Koos Mdladla, Ronnie Mulligan, Krushil Sewmangal, Caide Sharp, Shaquel Tontpal, Coenie Torlage, Sibongiseni Ximba and Zipho Zulu|
| ||Head Girl||Mercia Papazaharias|
| ||Deputy Head Girl||Chanté Groenewald|
| ||Prefects||Amanda Cilo, Deanne Collins, Carika De Jager, Lay’laa Gumede, Thealize Jacobs, Jongi Lembethe, Anele Mbatha, Nomcebo Ndlovu, Sisonke Nkabinde, Sinothile Shabangu, Lé-Zayria Simon and Bongiwe Tshabalala|
|Hostel Prefects|| || |
| ||Head Boy||Kwenzo Zondo|
| ||Prefects||Sizwe Malakoane, Siyabonga Nkabinde and Zipho Zulu|
| ||Head Girl||Amanda Cilo|
| ||Prefects||Sinenhlanhla Shezi, Nandile Sikhakhane and Bongiwe Tshabalala|
We are proud of all the achievers and hope that they will be an inspiration to their peers.
ST DOMINIC’S BUNDU BASH
On Saturday, 22 October, our multi sport learners competed in the annual Bundu Bash. Once again, our learners excelled, with at least ten of them achieving podium finishes.
Joshua Donaldson placed 3rd overall in the full distance event, and Dylan Maré placed 1st overall in the half distance event.
Congratulations to all our athletes who braved the heat to take part. Many thanks to Mrs Carter for her on-going inspiration and motivation of the learners.
R60 Key Deposit + R80 / Term (R140)
R60 Key Deposit + R230 / Year (R290) (4TH term free if you pay in advance for the year)
R60 Key Deposit + R100 / Term (R160)
R60 Key Deposit + R300 / Year (R360) (4TH term free if you pay in advance for the year)
Pay with Mrs Wessels, sign a contract and receive your key.
New rules and regulations for lockers
- No pictures or graffiti of any sort may be stuck or written on the locker.
- The locker may only be used for the term(s) paid for. A maximum of two learners may share a locker; both need to sign an agreement. Should it be found that more than 2 learners are sharing a locker, the privilege will be withdrawn from the main occupants. The key and key ring must be returned before the end of the last school day of that term. The locker will be inspected and the key deposit returned only if the locker is in good condition and the key and key ring are handed in.
- If key is handed in late, the key deposit will be forfeited.
- In the case of a lost key or padlock, the key deposit will not be returned. Should the key/padlock be lost during the term, another key deposit (R60) must be paid for the spare key.
- The locker may only be locked with the lock that is supplied. If another lock is used, it will be cut and the learner will forfeit the use of the locker and the key deposit.
- No illegal substances, fire-arms, pornographic material, alcohol, weapons, cigarettes, lighters / matches, fire crackers and / or any substances not allowed at school, may be stored in the lockers.
- Lockers are subject to inspection by an educator in the presence of the learner at any given time.
- No spare locker keys will be signed/handed out to any learner who has not signed an agreement.
Good Luck with the Exams
|Juniors (Gr 8 & 9) ||Report to class at 07:45 ||Start writing||08:00 – 10:00|
|Seniors ||Report to Hall at 07:45 ||Start writing||08:00 – 11:00 (3hr paper) |
| || || ||08:00 – 10:00 (2hr paper)|
Learners must be on time, as no extra time will be given. Please ensure you have ALL stationary necessary for the exam as no borrowing will be allowed. All school rules still apply during the exam period.